In review / in revision / in press:
- Mims, M.C., C. Day, J.J. Burkhart, M. Fuller, J. Hinkle, A. Bearlin, J. Dunham, P.W. DeHaan, Z.A. Holden, E. Landguth. Simulating demography, genetics, and spatially-explicit processes to inform reintroduction of a threatened char. Submitted.
- Mims, M.C., D.H. Olson, D.S. Pilliod, J.B. Dunham. Combined rarity- and traits-based analysis provides a robust multispecies climate change risk assessment. In revision, Biological Conservation.
- Pyron, M., M.C. Mims, M.M. Minder, R.C. Shields, N. Chodkowski, C.C. Artz. Long-term fish assemblages of the Ohio River: modified trophic and life history strategies with hydrologic alterations and landuse modifications. In revision, Freshwater Biology.
- E.E. Hartfield Kirk, I.C. Phillipsen, M.C. Mims, J.D. Olden, D.A. Lytle. Patch size and ecological traits influence population genetic diversity and stability at multiple spatial scales. In revision, PLoS One.
- Mims, M.C., E.E. Hartfield Kirk, D.A. Lytle, J.D. Olden. 2018. Traits-based approaches support the conservation relevance of landscape genetics. Conservation Genetics, 19:17-26.
- Mims, M.C., E.H. Hodgson, L.M. Kuehne, M.C. Siple. 2016. The benefits of workshopping graduate fellowships: a how-to guide for students and early career scientists. Ideas in Ecology and Evolution, 9:24-39.
- Guderyahn, L.B., A.P. Smithers, M.C. Mims. 2016. Assessing habitat requirements of pond-breeding amphibians in a highly urbanized landscape: implications for management. Urban Ecosystems, 19:1801-1821.
- Mims, M.C., L. Hauser, C.S. Goldberg, J.D. Olden. 2016. Genetic differentiation, isolation-by-distance, and indications of a metapopulation of the Arizona treefrog (Hyla wrightorum) in an isolated portion of its range. PLoS One.
- Mims, M.C., I.C. Phillipsen, D. A. Lytle, E.E. Hartfield Kirk, and J.D. Olden. 2015. Ecological strategies predict associations between aquatic and genetic connectivity for dryland amphibians. Ecology, 96:1371-1382.
- Hale, J.R.*, M.C. Mims, M.T. Bogan, J.D. Olden. 2015. Links between two interacting factors, novel habitats and non-native predators, and aquatic invertebrate communities in a dryland environment. Hydrobiologia, 746:313-326.
- Phillipsen, I.C., E.E. Hartfield Kirk, M.T. Bogan, M.C. Mims, J.D. Olden, D.A. Lytle. 2015. Dispersal ability and habitat requirements determine landscape-level genetic patterns in desert aquatic insects. Molecular Ecology, 24:54-69.
- Kuehne, L.M., L.A. Twardochleb, K.J. Fritschie, M.C. Mims, D.J. Lawrence, P.P. Gibson, B. Stewart-Koster, and J.D. Olden. 2014. Practical science communication strategies for graduate students.Conservation Biology, 28: 1225-1235.
- Olden, J.D., C.P. Konrad, T.S. Melis, M.J. Kennard, M.C. Freeman, M.C. Mims, E.N. Bray, K.B. Gido, N.P. Hemphill, D.A. Lytle, L.E. McMullen, M. Pyron, C.T. Robinson, J.C. Schmidt, J.G. Williams. 2014. Are large-scale flow experiments informing the science and management of freshwater ecosystems? Frontiers in Ecology and the Environment, 12:176-185.
- Mims, M.C., J.D. Olden. 2013. Fish assemblages respond to altered flow regimes via ecological filtering of life history strategies. Freshwater Biology, 58: 50–62.
- Olden, J.D., L. Ray, M.C. Mims, M.C. Horner-Devine. 2013. Filtration rates of the non-native Chinese mystery snail (Bellamya chinensis) and potential impacts on microbial communities. Limnetica, 32: 107-120.
- Mims, M.C., J.D. Olden. 2012. Life history theory predicts fish assemblage response to hydrologic regimes. Ecology, 93: 35-45.
- Konrad, C.P., J.D. Olden, D.A. Lytle, T.S. Melis, J.C. Schmidt, E.N. Bray, M.C. Freeman, K.B. Gido, N.P. Hemphill, M.J. Kennard, L.E. McMullen, M.C. Mims, M. Pyron, C.T. Robinson, J.G. Williams. 2011. Large-scale flow experiments for managing river systems. Bioscience, 61: 948-959.
- Lawrence, D.J., E.R. Larson, C.A. Reidy Liermann, M.C. Mims, T.K. Pool, J.D. Olden. 2011. National parks as protected areas for U.S. freshwater fish diversity. Conservation Letters, 4: 364-371.
- Mims, M.C., J.D. Olden, Z.R. Shattuck, N.L. Poff. 2010. Life history trait diversity of native freshwater fishes in North America. Ecology of Freshwater Fish, 19: 390-400.
- Mims, M.C., C. D. Hulsey, B. M. Fitzpatrick, J. T. Streelman. 2010. Geography disentangles ancestral polymorphism from introgression in Lake Malawi cichlids. Molecular Ecology, 19: 940-951.
- Hulsey, C.D., M.C. Mims, N.F. Parnell, J.T. Streelman. 2010. Comparative rates of lower jaw diversification in cichlid adaptive radiations. Journal of Evolutionary Biology, 23:1456-1467.
- Olden, J. D., E. R. Larson, M. C. Mims. 2009. Home-field advantage: native signal crayfish (Pacifastancus lenisuculus) out consumes newly introduced crayfishes for invasive Chinese mystery snail (Bellamya chinensis). Aquatic Ecology, 43: 1073-1084.
- Loh, Y. E., L.S. Katz, M.C. Mims, T.D. Kocher, S. Yi, J.T. Streelman. 2008. Comparative analysis of mosaic genomes among Lake Malawi cichlids. Genome Biology, 9: R113-113.12.
- Hulsey, C.D., M.C. Mims, J.T. Streelman. 2007. Do constructional constraints influence cichlid craniofacial diversification?Proceedings of the Royal Society (London) Series, 274: 1867-1875.
*Undergraduate author for whom I was the primary mentor.